Two little girls, all sugar and spice (Eliza and Gillian), a stay-at-home dad (David) and me, a working mother (Jody). Nice to meetcha.
What We Are
- System-izers. We find what works for us and implement it as a system. I’m sure our systems won’t work for everyone.
- Handy. RocketMan has a basic set of apartment-scaled tools–sander, small saw, hammer, toolset, etc.
- Stay-at-home-dad family, and stay-at-home-work mother.. You can’t be a stay-at-home dad without having a blog, we always say–although working mom’s the one writing this.
What We Are Not
- Minimalists. David is very tidy, and everything has a home, but rarely is that home stowed away in a cabinet or closet. The reasons are twofold: 1) we don’t have many cabinets or closets; and 2) I’m not very tidy, and I prefer to have things within easy reach. As such, some of our choices would drive a minimalist bonkers, so be warned!
- Designers. Neither of us are architects, visual artists, interior designers, or anything related to the visual arts industry.
- Neat freaks. I like a space that feels lived-in, provided the space is clean and everything is in its home.
What We Try To Be
- Sustainable. Recycle, reduce waste, reuse whatever we can (including aluminum foil and washing out plastic bags). We like to buy used. Saying it’s a sustainable choice is giving us more credit than we deserve; my husband was raised by a Yankee. He’s cheap.
- Happy. I like convenience. I like small luxuries. I like stuff that looks nice.
Lastly, we both like science fiction. If you hadn’t already guessed.